York County Economic Alliance Office of Workforce Development (OWD)
To engage employers, educators and community partners to create a life-long learning environment that attracts and retains strong businesses and a diverse, talented workforce critical for sustaining a vibrant community and a growing, innovative economy.
The Office of Workforce Development was created for two primary functions:
- Create a Network through a case management approach:
- Responsible for bringing together networks of service providers to address existing workforce issues facing individual employers, issues that reach across various industry groups or issues that affect a geographic location in the county
- Serve as the single point of contact and referral for workforce related issues
- Maintain a working referral catalogue of service providers
- Identify and organize responses to long-term emerging issues for both employers and workforce development service providers
- Provide staff support to the South Central Workforce Investment Board members’ deliberations/decisions
- Create and sustain initiatives to systematically build the pipeline of entry level workers for clusters or entire economy
For more information regarding the Office of Workforce Development, please contact Ellie Lamison.