Creativity Unleashed - America's Industrial Art & Design Capital
York County has a rich history of inventiveness. In 1940 the YORK PLAN revolutionized industrial efficiency, which soon became the national standard for wartime manufacturing. We are home to many industrially designed "firsts", like designing and creating the first marketable replacement tilt-windows, which can be found all over the world. Creativity is in our businesses, our shops, our workers, our artists and our schools... it's in our blood.
In the past, York daringly stepped out of the box and became a new nation's first capital. Now, York County is on the forefront of showing everyone the power of being creative. It's the place where innovative industrial artists and designers gravitate to find jobs that allow them to unleash their creativity. And enjoy a rich standard of living. We are York. We are Creativity Unleashed.
Roger Brooks (the leading branding, tourism, downtown development and marketing expert with a portfolio of over 1,000 community brands) researched York and then laid out community recommendations on how we can create a successful York County brand in the Downtown York Strategic Branding, Development & Marketing Plan. His plans look at how to connect the county with the energy beginning to bubble up in its urban core for the betterment of both.
Brooks' research had discovered York's common thread... creativity. This brand differentiator is based on numerous artists, craftsman, manufacturing accomplishments, architects/engineers, design schools and overall creative thinking born from our area.
After reviewing Brooks' work, we extended the reach of the brand throughout York County. We believe that marketing York County as the "Industrial Art & Design Capital" is a true and very unique brand statement.
- Attract a young, vibrant professional workforce to our creative, industrial-based art and design community
- Create a more cohesive, positive, attractive image for York.
- Help York promote itself as a hub for industrial art and design and related activity.
- Focus on practical, implementable results.
- Build on existing successes and assets.
- Help recruit and retain talented people.
- Attract more businesses – and jobs -- to York County.
- Increase property values and tax base.
- Attract people who wish to participate in and fund a wide array of community efforts.
Partnership for Economic Development of York County (PEDYC) currently serves as the fiscal agent for this county-wide branding initiative.