YCEA Launches YoCo Bloom Micro-Grant Program
York, PA – (June 20, 2018) – The York County Economic Alliance is proud to announce a new initiative – YoCo Bloom.
This micro-grant program will award two $2,500 grants to small business members of YCEA in the YoCo community. The grants will act as a stepping stone for small businesses to create lasting change in York County. The grant is available to both small business, for-profit companies, and is not available to government entities, school districts, and municipalities.
This funding may be awarded to grow an existing business and may fund equipment, expansion, capital improvements, or specific, targeted marketing strategy.
These funds are to help the seed of a business’s idea germinate and grow.
- Be a member of the York County Economic Alliance
- Be a business based in York County
- Have less than 100 full or part-time employees
- Able to match 10% of the grants capital value ($250) to show commitment to the project being funded
- Create plan to utilize allocated grant funds within four months of reception on a tangible company need
The deadline to apply is 4 p.m. Friday, July 13. Applicant finalists will be selected for an in-person interview, during which they will be expected to provide a brief pitch of their community initiative or project and explain what the grant funding will be used for. The winners must use the funds within four (4) months of the award.
The online application is live now and available here. Please contact BKruger@yceapa.org with questions.