The York County Economic Alliance provides staff support to numerous economic development groups, entities and authorities created to address a variety of economic development issues in York County.
In 2015, the YCEA and its entities closed on over $92M in investments, creating and retaining over 715 jobs.
Following are highlights of the many economic development projects accomplished by the York County Economic Alliance, its predecessors and related entities:
- Assisted in the expansion efforts of local companies including Datum Filing, Harley-Davidson, Exact Packaging and Komax Solar
- Successful location of numerous companies including Dentsply, Starbucks Coffee Company, TBB Global Logistics, ES3, RR Donnelley, ConAgra Foods, International Truck & Engine, Total Logistics Control and Church and Dwight, Inc
- Construction and operation of the CYTEC facility and the CYBER Center, a manufacturing and technology business incubator
- The Industrial Plaza of York, a $15 million renovation and adaptive re-use project in the City of York
- Assisted with environmental remediation projects including the former Thonet site and the Susquehanna Commerce Center site.
- Development of three industrial parks with support of Industrial Development Authority (YCIDA):
- York County Industrial Park (YCIP)
- York City Business and Industry Park (YCBIP)
- The Penn Township Industrial Park (PTIP)
- Successful transfer of ownership of both the Harrisburg International Airport and Capital City Airport from PennDOT to the Susquehanna Area Regional Airport Authority (SARAA)
- Rehabilitation of the former Hanover Shoe and Pillowtex properties in Hanover with assistance of Redevelopment Authority of the County of York (RACY)
- Supported the Industrial Development Authority (YCIDA) in the rehabilitation of the former Fraternal Order of Eagles building in York to become Marketview Arts, a studio for creativity
- Facilitation of the Agriculture Economic Development initiative
- Establishment of the Fiscal Sponsorship Program, a program that allows organizations to solicit tax-deductible donations for their economic and community development projects through the Partnership for Economic Development of York County (PEDYC)
- Assisted with the revitalization of the 100 block of South George Street, York
- Established a foreign-trade zone in York County. Expansion of the zone was approved in November 2005
- Supported Nutricore Northeast (NCNE) in the creation of YorKitchen, a shared kitchen culinary incubator designed to assist with the start-up and expansion of food-related businesses
- Supported the Industrial Development Authority (YCIDA) in construction of Downtown York’s PEOPLEsBank Stadium