NutriCore NorthEast, Inc. (NCNE)
In 2005, the national Manufacturing Technology Center, Inc. and the York County Economic Development Corporation (YCEDC), now the York County Economic Alliance, led a coalition of corporations, industry organizations, research universities and municipal communities in establishing Nutricore Northeast (NCNE).
- To coordinate services to both industry and government agencies to maximize their investments in food or nutrition research and development.
- To promote collaborative, focused research and development in areas of foods and nutrition.
- To provide the necessary facilitation to achieve the goals of the National Nutrition Strategy through effective management of resources, assets and expertise.
To achieve this mission, NCNE has:
- Facilitated over $250,000 in sponsored food science research.
- Created YorKitchen, a shared kitchen culinary incubator designed to assist with the start-up and expansion of food related businesses and to create opportunities for the agricultural community to generate value-added products.