Entities & Authorities
The York County Economic Alliance provides staff support to 13 economic development groups, entities and authorities created to address a variety of economic development issues in York County.
In 2011, financing entities closed on approximately $48,518,354 in direct loans, creating and retaining over 1,530 jobs.
Following are highlights of the many economic development projects accomplished by the York County Economic Alliance, its predecessors and related entities through 2011:
- Assisted in the expansion efforts of local companies including Datum Filing, Harley-Davidson, Exact Packaging, and Komax Solar
- Successful location of numerous companies including Dentsply, Starbucks Coffee Company, TBB Global Logistics, ES3, RR Donnelley, ConAgra Foods, International Truck & Engine, Total Logistics Control, and Church and Dwight, Inc.
- Construction and operation of the CYTEC facility and the CYBER Center, a manufacturing and technology business incubator
- The Industrial Plaza of York, a $15 million renovation and adaptive re-use project in the City of York
- Assisted with environmental remediation projects including the former Thonet site and the Susquehanna Commerce Center site.
- Development of three industrial parks with support of Industrial Development Authority (YCIDA): York County Industrial Park (YCIP), the York City Business and Industry Park (YCBIP), and the Penn Township Industrial Park (PTIP).
- Successful transfer of ownership of both the Harrisburg International Airport and Capital City Airport from PennDOT to the Susquehanna Area Regional Airport Authority (SARAA)
- Rehabilitation of the former Hanover Shoe and Pillowtex properties in Hanover with assistance of Redevelopment Authority of the County of York (RACY)
- Supported the Industrial Development Authority (YCIDA) in the rehabilitation of the former Fraternal Order of Eagles building in York to become Marketview Arts, a studio for creativity.
- Facilitation of the Agriculture Economic Development initiative
- Establishment of the Fiscal Sponsorship Program, a program that allows organizations to solicit tax-deductible donations for their economic and community development projects through the Partnership for Economic Development of York County (PEDYC)
- Assisted with the revitalization of the 100 block of South George Street, York
- Established a foreign-trade zone in York County. Expansion of the zone was approved in November 2005
- Supported the Industrial Development Authority (YCIDA) in construction of Downtown York’s Sovereign Bank Stadium